POSITION: USA DIGITAL WRITER
PART TIME ROLE
LOCATION: USA (REMOTE)
- To write five reactive news stories per day for DJ Mag online — each story is roughly 150 - 200 words in length.
- Upload news text and a relevant header image to DJ Mag Digital’s CMS via djmag.com (plus include links & embeds where appropriate) and publish the story to the site.
- To tweet headlines and images on the DJ Mag Twitter after each story is complete plus schedule tweets for the next 24-hour period
- To work in conjunction with the Digital Editor (Charlotte Cijffers) and US Editor (Sarah Polonsky) to upload features to the website from the US print publication throughout the month
- Accurate and fast news journalism — the US digital news writer must be able to publish accurate, timely stories with no errors.
- Knowledge of CMS and social media platforms inc. Twitter & Facebook
- The ability to identify and break news stories appropriate for DJ Mag Digital’s global voice and a strong knowledge of US-based EDM/dance music culture.
- This position is part time and will require three shifts per week Monday/Wednesday/Friday at approximately four hours per shift— this can be flexible if need be.
- Applicants will need to complete a one-week news trial as part of the interview process.
To apply please send three examples of relevant news work to email@example.com by Tuesday 8th November, 2016.
We also take on interns! If you want to gain some hands on experience at the world's biggest music magazine send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with an up to date CV and a covering email that details your skills and interest in working with us.