POSITION: USA DIGITAL WRITER
PART TIME ROLE
LOCATION: USA (REMOTE)
- To write five reactive news stories per day for DJ Mag online — each story is roughly 150 - 200 words in length.
- Upload news text and a relevant header image to DJ Mag Digital’s CMS via djmag.com (plus include links & embeds where appropriate) and publish the story to the site.
- To tweet headlines and images on the DJ Mag Twitter after each story is complete plus schedule tweets for the next 24-hour period
- To work in conjunction with the Digital Editor (Charlotte Cijffers) and US Editor (Sarah Polonsky) to upload features to the website from the US print publication throughout the month
- Accurate and fast news journalism — the US digital news writer must be able to publish accurate, timely stories with no errors.
- Knowledge of CMS and social media platforms inc. Twitter & Facebook
- The ability to identify and break news stories appropriate for DJ Mag Digital’s global voice and a strong knowledge of US-based EDM/dance music culture.
- This position is part time and will require three shifts per week Monday/Wednesday/Friday at approximately four hours per shift— this can be flexible if need be.
- Applicants will need to complete a one-week news trial as part of the interview process.
To apply please send three examples of relevant news work to [email protected] by Tuesday 8th November, 2016.
We also take on interns! If you want to gain some hands on experience at the world's biggest music magazine send an email to [email protected] with an up to date CV and a covering email that details your skills and interest in working with us.