A staple member of Cologne's achingly cool Kompakt crew, Patrice Bäumel knows his way around a turntable. Spinning his special brand of "techno for grown-ups" for close to a decade, he was resident at Amsterdam's recently deceased nightclub, Trouw, and counts 'Roar', 'Mike Tyson' and 'The Woods' as part of his respected release catalogue. His next EP is set to drop in May via Kompakt and features two new cuts: 'Lowrider' and 'The Vanishing'. He's also the man behind this week's DJ Mag Weekly Podcast, a mix that features 10 tracks of melodic tech house and sparkly, late night techno.
"This podcast is filled with some of the most exciting and upcoming Kompakt releases, spiced up with a few of my favourite secret weapons. No fillers, just killers, with plenty of energy and raw emotion. It is the music I love to play in a good club!"
Fans of Patrice can catch him play tonight, alongside fellow Kompakt crew members Dauwd and Weval, at London's Corsica Studios. Tickets here.
1. Jens-Uwe Beyer - Moewen
2. Depeche Mode - Never Let Me Down (Cubicolor Remix)
4. Agoria - Bapteme (Lucky Blue Eyes Version (Agoria Retouch)
5. Guy Mantzur & Roy RosenfelD - Epika
6. Flowers and Sea Creatures - 03 A.M. (Ewan Pearson Edit)
7. Moderat - Damage Done
8. Modeselektor feat. Thom Yorke - The White Flash (Robag Wruhme Remix)
9. Speedy J and Syncom Data - Beyond the Stars
11. Roman Flügel - Black Towers
12. Simian Mobile Disco - Tangents