With support from the likes of Sasha, M.A.N.D.Y. and Laurent Garnier, Timo Garcia’s debut artist album, 2009’s ‘Wonderlust Bug’, was the culmination of years spent honing his craft, both DJing around the world and releasing singles from everyone from Toolroom to Skint, Yoshitoshi to 303 Lovers.
If you need any further confirmation of his reputation amongst house’s big boys then consider that this year he’s also collaborated with Jerome Sydenham, X-Press 2 and DJ Pierre. His podcast for us illustrates his wide-ranging palette, mixing The Clash, Marc Romboy and Adam Port with plenty of his own choice cuts, including his ambient T_Mo alias.
1. T_Mo - Fork Any Hawks [unsigned]
2. Phreek Plus One - Passion (DJ T. Remix) [Compost Black Label]
3. Eric Volta & Cozzy D ft The French Edge - La Chat Noir [Four:Twenty]
4. Huxley - Murnina [OFF Recordings]
5. Adam Port - Basement feat. Daniel Wilde (Matthias Tanzmann remix) [Moonharbour Records]
6. Timo Garcia - Hawaii Five-0 [Stealth Records]
7. Timo Garcia - Fuse [Neurotraxx Deluxe] (with Armand Van Helden - Witch Doktor acappella & FX)
8. Moonbeam Pres. Illuminant For Fancy - No Regrets feat. Pryce Oliver (Shades Of Gray Remix) [Neurotraxx Deluxe]
9. Marc Romboy ft Blake Baxter - Muzik (Version 1) [Systematic Recordings]
10. Italoboyz vs. Blind Minded - Bekeke [Moonharbour Records]
11. Jerome Sydenham & Timo Garcia - Mutualism [NM2]
12. DJ Pierre & Timo Garcia - Phuture Flashback [Southern Fried Records]
13. The Clash - Magnificent Dance (Leo Zero's Magnificent Dub) (TG Edit) [Leo Zero Edits 12"]
Copyright Thrust Publishing Ltd. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.djmag.com as the source.