Milan-born, London-based Subeena is as difficult to pigeonhole as her podcast, which spans everyone from Bristolian bass-houser Julio Bashmore to Detroit electro legend DJ Stingray.
While part of the bass scene and inspired by the sound of early dubstep, the DJ, singer and producer’s OPIT label is far more eclectic and wide-reaching, drawing fans such as Surgeon; check her next EP, out at the end of March, which ranges from the acid bite of ‘End of Reason’ to the electronic soul of ‘Wrong for Me’ and you’ll get an idea of the unique talent that’s still developing.
1. nAX_Acid – The Achromorphe
2. Subeena – End of Reason
3. Chaos – Afrogermanic
4. Julio Bashmore – Ask Yourself
5. Cassie – Thirsty (Slackk Remix)
6. Cixxx J – BackPassBand
7. Sharmaji – How To Move
8. Altered Natives – Oh My Zipper
9. Om Unit – Prawn Cocktail
10. Maetrik – Sex with Bass
11. Second Line – Codex
12. Diyala feat. Bun Zero – Craving
13. Unknown To The Unknown – Assassin (DJ Stingray Remix)
14. ? – Promescuous Gyal (Dark Sky Remix)
15. Raffertie – Horse Flesh
16. Morris Cowan – The Good Ship Fellow
17. Milyoo – Colours
18. Anodyne – Empire of Time
19. Evirgen – Totem 2 (Subeena Remix)
20. Ghosts On Tape – Equator jam
Copyright Thrust Publishing Ltd. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.djmag.com as the source.