It takes focus and dedication to tick the full range of boxes – DJ, producer, label boss – but Jon Rundell's rise through the techno ranks has shown that it's not just his tough, tribalistic sound that has plenty of gas in the tank.
Label manager of Intec, as well as his own Etch imprint, he stood shoulder to shoulder with long term ally Carl Cox on last year's 'Pure Intec 2' comp, embarking on a 'Pure Intec' European tour afterwards at venues like Fabric and Space Ibiza. Beyond this, however, he travelled the world solo, rolling out his wares everywhere from Las Vegas' Electric Daisy Carnival to TomorrowLand in Belgium.
On the release front, he holds a record of never having had an EP outside of the Beatport Top Twenty, a fact that's not been missed by the likes of Moby and Paul van Dyk, who've both called on Jon for a remix, and his new 'Fifth Generation' EP is out on Etch on the 24th of February.
This week's podcast relives Jon's January debut at The BPM Festival in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico, with two hours of techy tutelage. You can catch Jon at The Source, Maidstone, alongside Saytek and Mark Gwinnett for a Cubism takeover on Saturday 15th March. Get involved.
1. Carl Bee - The Nod
2. Unknown - Unknown
3. Unknown - Unknown
4. Carl Bee - Atomic Stress
5. Carl Bee - Circle Face
6. Angel Lopez & Victor D - Ordered Fuss (Paride Saraceni Mix)
7. Carl Bee - UFO
8. Ant Brooks & D Deck - Look Before
9. Alex Mine - Untitled
10. Leanardo Gonnelli - Megafat (Mattew Jay Mix)
11. Rafa Barios - Festivulus
12. Mattew Jay - Nightlife In Brooklyn
13. Carlo Lio & Harvey McKay - Droid Decay
14. Project AKC - Watermelon
15. Rafa Barrios - Calda
16. Nicole Moudaber - Brooklyn Hangover
17. Harvey McKay - Something Good
18. Ben Sims - Freaks (2013 Mix)
19. Jon Rundell - Feel The Beat
20. Carlo Lio & Harvey McKay - F*ck Jack
21. Jon Rundell - Shufflers Delight
22. Sidney Charles - Hustler Stomp
23. Stop File - Moment Of Silence (Nathan Barato Mix)
24. Harvey McKay - Cinnamon Kiss
25. Macromism - Tooler
26. Nathan Barato - Black Beach
27. Project AKC - Boing
Copyright Thrust Publishing Ltd. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.djmag.com as the source.