Whether appearing on Top of the Pops as Lionrock performing 'Rude Boy Rock', smashing out fearsome techno at Bugged Out or spinning reggae 7”s, Justin Robertson has a been a perennial on the UK dance scene since emerging as a DJ in Manchester in the '90s (where he helped to inspire the Chemical Brothers).
With monikers stretching from Gentleman Thief to his current Deadstock 33 project, Justin's dancefloor cuts draw from the long heritage of dance music, blending elements of new wave, house, disco and techno. His cut 'Project Mercury' is also on the Astro Lab Recording compilation 'Treasure Hunting' (out 9th June) which also includes tracks from Daniel Avery, Anthony Shake Shakir, Raudive and more.
1. The Deadstock 33s - Insurrection Intro ?
2. Gene Hunt - May The Funk Be With You ?
3. Matt John - The Blue Storm ?
4. Remain - Dead And Gone ?
5. Django Django - Hail Bop [Daniel Avery Remix]
6. Mutant Beat Dance - Let Me Go ?
7. Daniel Avery And The Deadstock 33s - Nylon Icon
8. Matt John - The Bleep Factory ?
9. Satoshi Tomiie - Straight Up [dub] ?
10. T Trax - Splice ?
11. Tomas Anderson - Stickingar ?
12. Daniel Avery - Need Electric
13. The Deadstock 33s - Project Mercury ?
14. Warm Digits - Grapefruit [The Deadstock 33s Remix]
Copyright Thrust Publishing Ltd. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.djmag.com as the source.