Mixing up a heady brew of ska, dub, hip-hop, electronic music and punk, the Dub Pistols, AKA unashamed London party heads Barry Ashworth and crew, are always festival live favourites with their tireless energy and on-stage mentalism.
Having won Best Live Act at DJ Mag's 2011 Best of British Awards in public recognition of this, they release their fifth album ‘Worshipping The Dollar’ on 2nd July via Sunday Best Recordings. From Root Manuva to Biggie, their podcast gives a peak into the influences that go into their sound and which you can hear when the band rock up to Glade Festival from 14rh - 17th June.
1. Pato Banton - Nice Up (Dub Pistols Mix)
2: Andrew Paul - Who's Gonna Make The Dance Ram (serial Killaz)
3. Slynk - Bad Duppy Walk
4: Benny Paige - Know Fi Move Your Waist
5. Mr Williamz - Pass The Kutchie
6. Black Samurai - Information Critic
7. Channel 2 & Goldstar - Kingston Town
8. Deekline & ED Solo – Sensi
9. Skitz feat Rodney P - Never
10 The Specials - Ghost town
11. Wildlife Collective - I Need a Dollar
12. Benny Paige - Top Rank Sknak
13. Gregory Issacs - Night Nurse
14. Dub Pistols Feat Rodney P - Mucky Weekend
Copyright Thrust Publishing Ltd. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.djmag.com as the source.