Sabo might be best known for running monthly DC party and brand Moombahton Massive with Nadastrom, plus laying the roots of moombahton with his experiments in Latin cumbia and modern beats for Bersa Discos, but he's been DJing for 16 years and producing for six, remixing everyone from Michael Jackson to Balkan Beat Box.
Dropping beats for his own Sol*Selectas label, Wonderwheel Recordings, and a full length album on IRMA, he's one of the leading lights in the Dutch house-reggaeton derived sound and after a US tour in May, Moombahton Massive are hitting Europe in June. Get a taste of their sound with the 'Moonbahton Massive' five track EP on SCION A/V or this dutty 26 track podcast which journeys through various aspects of the ever evolving sound.
1. Manea Te - Bossy Ride
2. La Moombahsina - Bass ill Euro - Sol*Selectas
3. Que Pasa - Dj Melo -Sol*Selectas
4. Go San Dos - Sabo & Melo - Sol*Selectas
5. El Ritmo (Sabo Remix) - J-Boogie - OM Records
6. K Le Pasa (Alvaro Remix) - MAN Recordings
7. Sandugueo - Munchi - Mad Decent
8. Sofriton - Bass ill Euro - Sol*Selectas
9. Mystereo Theme - Sazon Booya
10. Soundbwoi Ya Dead (Torro Torro Moombahton Edit) - The Partysquad
11. Selekta - DJ Craze
12. Mashitup - Jay Fay
13. Mr. Mention (Moombahton edit) - Ganja Posse
14. Bizzle Riddim Ft. Natalie Storm & Dee Wunn - Smutlee
15. Express Yourself - Diplo feat. Nicky Da B - Mad Decent
16. Kilogram - ETC! ETC!
17. Up All Night (Nadastrom Moombahton Remix) - Alex Clare
18. Battle For Middle You (Cousin Culo edit) - Julio Bashmore
19. Submarine Voyage - Dj Melo
20. Aguja (Sub Sweepa - We Used To Like Techno Edit)
21. Good in You (Sabo Remix) - DJ Wool - Plant Recordings
22. Our Love - Steve Starks - Diabluma Sound
23. Former Child Star - Dj Melo - Sol*Selectas
24. Cream (A-Wax Moombahton Edit) - Clapton - Exploited
25. Prototype (Dj Archi Edit) - Andre 3000
26. Drop That Sh*t - Sabo feat. Melo & Speakher
Copyright Thrust Publishing Ltd. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.djmag.com as the source.