In.Phrequent is the new production alias of Willis Haltom and Phillip Charles. Both residents at Hawaii's infamous members-only Asylum Afterhours (which Haltom is also a co-owner of), their brand of deep, groove-driven house – encapsulated by the likes of Who Made Who, Ian Pooley and Stimming on this podcast - can be heard via their remix of Dragon Suplex on the recent ''Whatever' EP on Asylum Confidential.
Despite as an yet sparse discography, the duo have plenty of experience to suggest there's plenty to come. Having spent two decades working as an engineer, artist and remixer, previously as part of Tigerhook, Philadelphia-born Charles has released records on labels such as Bedrock, Yoshitoshi, Hooj Choons, Ovum, Wave and Shaboom.
Haltom, meanwhile, has presided over some of the world's most venerated dancefloors, from BPM to Wavefront, the Culprit Sessions to Spybar, while his more recent production career has already welcomed releases on Dirtybird, Moodmusic and Get Physical. Having also just played Love Festival in Hawaii, you can catch him opening for John Digweed on 29th October 29th at Eleven44 in Honolulu.
So with further remixes forthcoming for Lopazz and Tato, don't expect In:Phrequent's release schedule to live up to their name for much longer...
1. Dragon Suplex - 'When U Smile (In.Phreqeunt Remix)'
2. Who Made Who - 'Hiding in the Darkness (Mario Bosanov Remix)'
3. Neal White - 'FM Melodie In E (Moll Derfus Remix)'
4. Jules & Moss - 'Bis April'
5. Christian Loeffler - 'All Comes (Mind Against Remix)' feat. Gry
6. Kelfern - 'Pek 2'
7. Ian Pooley - 'The Beginning'
8. Maetrik - 'Marinda' feat. Sabb
9. Knopf & Seferyn - 'Rejdowak'
10. Kenny Leaven - 'Perseus'
11. S.W.I.S. - 'Tech It'
12. Stimming - 'Schmelz'
13. Ame/Shiro - 'Mifune'