London producer and DJ Ossie found his voice in the post-dubstep landscape of UK club culture, hooking up with Kode 9's Hyperdub for a couple of expansive broken beat influenced EPs in-between dropping the Detroit techno meets UK funky brilliance of 'Tarantula' on Lightworks.
In recent years, however, he's shown a housier side. First was his 'Supercali' EP for 2020 Midnight Visions, a dead cert on capital dancefloors, and now comes a new EP for Wolf Music to mark their 25th release. Showcasing his diverse tastes, four tracks ranges from the filtered disco of 'Forever' to techno stabs and moody orchestral sweeps on 'Heartbreaking' – the dub of which you can hear on Ossie's podcast for us.
Full steam ahead from the off, listen out for the superb 'Ugly Observation', an Ossie collaboration with Phrh, to witness another swinging groover that we hope will be seeing the light of day very soon. This is house music 2014 style.
If you want more also check out Black Orange Juice, who include Ossie amongst their ranks, and release Ben Pearce collaboration 'Predictable' on 21st of April via MTA.
1. Ajukaja & Andervski - Rare Birds
2. Ennio - Broken Like Glass
3. Laroze - Love Time
4. Waze & Odyssey - Everything (Your Made Of)
5. Greymatter - Give Up
6. Catz 'N Dogz & Eat Everything - Evil Tram
7. Dave Aju - Caller #7 (Seth Troxler & Subb-An Remix)
8. Form And Function - Habit To Others Crying For You (S Chu Rework)
9. Kaiserdisco - Hija Major
10. Ossie & Phrh - Ugly Observation
11. Donae'o - I know (S Chu Dub Remix)
12. Green Velvet - Bigger Than Prince (The Martinez Brothers Remix)
13. Ossie - Comme-Ca Comme Ça
14. Alexander Valentyn - Emotional
15. Ossie - Heart Beating (Dub)
16. Pepe Bradock – Deep Burnt
17. Macy Gray x Bugz In The Attic - When I See You (Ossie Edit)
Copyright Thrust Publishing Ltd. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.djmag.com as the source.