- Fresh from performing at the legendary Coachella Festival on the same bill as PINK FLOYD'S ROGER WATERS and PRINCE, DANNY TENAGLIA has signed a recording deal with New York's Tommy Boy Records, who will release his compilations and his original productions, including his upcoming single 'The Space Dance'. The name is inspired by his weekly Thursday residency at Space, in Ibiza, which he'll host this summer.
Miss White Island SARAH MAIN tipped us off about her current secret weapon, BOB MARLEY'S 'No Deputy', turned into a deep and sexy house jam by HEDBERG & TUCILLO and forthcoming on Pacha Recordings.
"It's an awesome track by rising star Wonderland resident Tomas Hedberg and talented producer Tucillo. These guys are on the money and this track has something special," claimed Sarah.
- After club hits with 'Closer To Me' and 'Girlz', CHAB & JD DAVIS (of DAVID GUETTA'S 'The World Is Mine' fame) reunite on the tech-etched emotional dancer 'Get High'. Supporters currently caning the remix package by THE CLUB SCIENCE (CHAB & MENDO'S new project), MIQUELL SANTOS and NIKOLA GALA include GEORGE MOREL, ROGER SANCHEZ and SATOSHI TOMIIE.
- MISCHA DANIELS, fresh from scoring a No.1 in Brazil with former ATOMIC KITTEN babe NATASHA HAMILTON on 'Round and Round', is back in the studio remixing SANCHEZ'S 'Not Enough', 'Say You Will' for INAYA DAY, the WAMDUE PROJECT'S brilliant re-issue of 'King Of My Castle' and CHICANE'S NATASHA BEDINGFIELD-sung 'Bruised Water'.
- Be on the lookout for a white label currently rocking elite DJs sets under the guise 'Jack Is Back'. This cheeky scam is actually the handy work of DAVID GUETTA. A mad retro acid track cut from the same tab as all of those late-'80s Chicago PIERRE'S PFANTASY CLUB anthems, it's already won across-the-board support from an eclectic selection headed by FELIX DA HOUSECAT, 2MANYDJS, THE GLIMMERS and AXWELL.
Southern Fried have picked up MOWGLI'S 'Club Life EP' by the man behind THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS' bootleg 'Boot It Again' and most recently his cheeky SWITCH-ish mash-up of MICHAEL JACKSON'S 'Bad'.
Mowgli, the pseudonym of Italian MICHELE SAVASTA, is also working on several legit remixes for TRICKY ('Council Estate'), MARTIN SOLVEIG ('I Want You'), SANTOGOLD ('Say Aha'), SIMIAN MOBILE DISCO ('It's The Beat') and 'Lazy' by X-PRESS .
Incidentally, Mowgli also records under the guise MINIMOW and is behind a hot new cut called 'Who's Afraid Of Tatanka' that's already on several labels' radars.
- 'No Love Lost', the new SYKE 'N' SUGARSTARR single presenting house don CECE ROGERS, is an uplifting feel-good jam expertly mixed by the D.O.N.S., MUZZAIK, SE:SA, TAPESH and GOLD RYAN.
- Radio personality and all round Mr Nice Guy, DAVID DUNN teams up with fellow Hed Kandi DJ ANDY DANIELS and LEE ROYLE (of SERIAL DIVA fame) to become TRIPLE DEE. Their first studio sortie sees them having a crack at mixing CEVIN FISHER'S 10-year-old standard '(You Got Me) Burning Up' for Subversive due shortly.
- Next on Berwick Street Records is the solid house groover 'Hang Loose' by TIMO GARCIA partnered with drummer MANU DELAGO, with additional mixes courtesy of ERIC KUPPER, SERGE SANTIAGO, MATT MASTERS and POUSSEZ, adding up to one solid summer sizzler.
After amazing reactions to their 'Squeeze Me' single, KRAAK & SMAAK are busying the release of the next, and title track from their album 'Plastic People'. Reworks come from DEETRON, PROK & FITCH and ALL GOOD FUNK ALLIANCE.
On the subject of Prok & Fitch, Ben & James have set up Floorplay Music to release their own productions and the crème of upcoming house producers. The first releases will naturally be by the duo themselves and ALEX FONT, with further material planned by BELOCCA & SONNEC and FILTHY RICH.
- PHUNK INVESTIGATION continue to dig the crates for classics and latest from the Italian producers finds them turning BOY GEORGE'S loved-up standard 'Generation of Love 2008' into a tougher minimal dancer.
Copyright Thrust Publishing Ltd. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.djmag.com as the source.