With over two decades of filling dancefloors, Lost is the UK's go to party for tough, underground techno. Uniting the original heads and sounds of Detroit and Chicago with their cabal of European allies, their Easter Sunday party at Fire (in Vauxhall in London) on 31st March is a case in point.
Headlining is The Wizard himself, Axis label boss Jeff Mills, showing off the quick handed mixing style that earned him his fearsome reputation behind the decks. He'll be performing 'Something In The Sky' described as a 'conceptual performance of sight and sound exploring the subject of unidentified flying objects [UFO], the history of ufology and the existence of extraterrestrial life that supposedly visit our planet.' In the words of Model 500, “maybe you'll see them fly.”
He's joined by Berlin master of dub, Moritz von Oswald, the maestro behind the much feted Basic Channel and Rhythm & Sound and UK stalwarts Plaid (formerly two thirds of Black Dog) and Lost co-founder, Steve Bicknell. A skilled selector himself, Bicknell dropped us this exclusive mix which comes highly recommended for its raw, rough as fuck energy.
For more details visit lost.co.uk
- STL - 'Jungle Sometimes' (Something)
- STL - 'Flying Objects' (Something)
- Leroy Carson – 'Mechanism' (Sound Signature)
- STL – 'Your Turn' (Something)
- Lil Louis - 'Jupiter' (Diamond Records)
- Paranoid London - 'Eating Glue' (Paranoid London)
- One Last Riot - 'Immortality' (Paranoid London)
- Bam Bam - 'Where's Your Child' (Westbrook Records)
- Ame - 'Rej' (Innervisions)
- Psychick Warriors Ov Gaia- 'Exit 23' (K.K.Records)
- Hauschka - 'Tanzbein (Steve Bicknell mix)' (FatCat Records)
- Hieroglyphic Being - 'Thinking In Circles' (Mathematics)
Copyright Thrust Publishing Ltd. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.djmag.com as the source.