47. The WMC & DMC DJ Spin OffReckon yourself as a bit of deck demon or just fancy checking some ill skills? Get on down to the conference centre for midday where WMC and DMCs' 'spin-off' will a host an army of rookie turntablists all primed to defy the laws of physics with pieces of plastic on two turntables.
48. Beatport Pool PartyWhen it comes to slick beats and sexy babes then Beatport's waterside jolly at Remix Hotel should be one of the picks of the bunch with Tiefschwarz, Richie Hawtin, Magda, Gaiser and Steve Bug all playing between 1pm and 9pm.
49. Armin's Sunset SetAnother must for the trance heads. Dutch trance maestro Armin van Buuren brings Miami's golden sun down with a six-hour patio set at the eccentrically adorned Pawn Shop Lounge.
50. Ultra Music FestivalIf you're looking for the biggest party of the conference then look no further. Ultra Musical isn't just the biggest WMC's biggest bash, it's the State's biggest multi-arena rave of the year. A two-day event for the first time, it all kicks off with cult Goth rockers The Cure a surprise headliner on the main stage alongside familiar clubland big guns like Tiësto, Miss Kittin, Junkie XL and Fedde Le Grand. Things really go off on Saturday too, with seven arenas covering everything from Carl Cox's techno arena to Amnesia's electro/minimal, as well as d&b, trance and breakbeat arenas. Ferry Corsten, Mauro Picotto, Richie Hawtin, Danny Tenaglia, Loco Dice, Deep Dish and Goldie represent just a fraction of the inter stellar line-up. Don't miss it.
51. EvergladesIf endangered species are your thing then hire a car, scoot up the Interstate 41 and head to the Everglades National Park. A vast teeming swamp wilderness, you can spy Atlantic hawksbill turtles, Florida panthers and American gators.
52. Bass RushDaytime d&b session with Ram's man-ofthe- moment Sub Focus, ex Bad Company bod Vegas and Shimon. The perfect warm up for Viram's all night rave up later.
53. Demo ListeningDesperate to have your demo heard by the big guns? Then stop lurking round the pool at The Delano and get yourself down to one of the demo listening workshops. Held in the conference centre at 1pm on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, this could be a harsh reality check or a dream ticket. Either way you won't know unless you go…
54. Miami Orange BowlSports fans might be keen to slope down to Miami's Downtown Orange Bowl, just a short ride out from the conference. A gargantuan open air stadium, it has played host to countless fiercely contested Super Bowls. Sadly, there's no sport taking place over the conference but you can catch God squadder Iglesia Torre Fuerte and his 'Religious Revival' or a Toyota car tent sale. On second thoughts, maybe not…
55. MN2SIt's house music all night long, baby… London's M2NS are in town for the third year running, this time filling Opium Gardens with their decadent US influenced sound. Hardsoul, Bodyrox, Tom Novy and Joe T Vanelli are the main room DJs whilst room two hosts the finest New York house legends. Read Tony Humphries, Alix Alvarez and legendary producers Blaze. And some dude called Todd Terry. It's invite only so get on the blag at firstname.lastname@example.org.
56. Wet Grooves PartyAnother marathon Nikki Beach extravaganza. Christopher Lawrence, Paul Oakenfold, Judge Jules and Johan Gielen are the main pullers on a list of DJs that stretches as far as Nikki itself. It kicks off at 11am and ends at 5am on Friday morning.
57. Cheeseburger BabyBoasting the best half pound cheese sliders in town for just $6.50, South Beach's late night eatery Cheeseburger Baby is the perfect drunken munch if you're staggering across Washington Avenue at 3am.
58. Organized NatureThe massively underrated Gabriel & Dresden host their Organized Nature night at the Pawn Shop Lounge with Tom Neville, Özgür Can, Trent Cantrelle and Jeff Bomb adding their own flavours.
59. Jonathan Peters MarathonJonathan Peters….ever heard of him? Nope? Join our club. That said, our rudimentary web scavenging tells us he's famous for being voted best DJ by America's DJ Times Magazine and pulling super-human 24-hour DJ marathons. Oh, and remixing the Spice Girls. Catch him at Space on Friday.
60. ViramAndy C's Ram meets Ed Rush & Optical's Virus for their titanic Miami party. Rock on down to Soho Lounge where Andy C, Ed Rush, Optical, Sub Focus, Shimon and other label mates and d&b deck destroyers will be dropping the dubplate detonation.
61. Renaissance 15th BirthdayRenaissance celebrate 15 years. Tiefschwarz, Tiga and DJ Hell give their line-up a classy, distinctly European finish. You can count on Renaissance to source the most stylish venues around with this year's bash taking place in the new Karu & Y, a stunningly elegant multi-purpose venue designed by Miami architect Pepe Calderin.
62. Bug Out & Get LocoB.E.D. throws back its covers to the seductive sounds of DC10 as Loco Dice and his slick studio engineer Martin Buttrich (live) swan in - hopefully bringing gaggles of glam hotties with them. Pokerflat's enigmatic Steve Bug completes a tantalisingly sexy line-up.
63. Tootsies CabaretOne of the craziest strip clubs you'll ever encounter, Tootsies Cabaret is the size of three Yank football pitches with up to 300 nubile young things on stage at one time. If you end up in one stripclub – and if you're male, single and intoxicated you likely will – make it this one.
64. Aquabooty Presents Get SaltedIt's Miguel Migs annual Get Salted party at Shine. His only WMC appearance, San Fran's house don will be dropping an extended four-hour set of organic soulful grooves with Julius Papp also playing.
65. Future Sound Of BreaksFrom 10pm through to 10 am… that's 12- hours of pure breakbeat mayhem at the 3000 capacity Area 51, people. Krafty Kuts, the Stantons, Ctrl Z, General Midi, Uberzone (live) and Lee Coombs all represent with an exclusive electro bass set from DJ Craze vs DBJ.
66. Def Mix 20th AnniversaryThe 'Def Mix Four' of Satoshi Tomiie, David Morales, Frankie Knuckles and Hector Romeo spin defining house at its finest for the 20th anniversary of the legendary US label. Held at Shine, Billy Carroll will unwind down a memory lane of Def Mix classics whilst a VIP cocktail area in the Shelborne Pool Café will have laidback beats at conversation volume.
67. One + OneJames Zabiela and Nic Fancuilli begin their charge as the 'Sasha & Digweed' of the new era with a marathon back-to-back under their 'One + One' guise. Head Downtown to The Fifth and wig out.
68. ReversibleChris Fortier, Agent 001 and Chris Micalli drop in to Miami Beach's Cafeteria for the annual Reversible Records party.
69. Ministry Of SoundIt's Ministry Of Sound's annual Miami jolly. Normally a cocktail supping playground of the rich and famous, Collins Avenue's arty Prive will instead get down to some downright, dirty house action with Toolroom's Mark Knight and rising star Richard Dinsdale both spinning alongside the massive headliner Josh Wink.
70. News CaféAnother useful 24-hour eatery, this sidewalk newsstand rests on Ocean Drive and is the perfect people watching perch. You'll often find a selection of mischievous WMC stop-outs hiding behind their sunglasses and re-fuelling on coffee and turkey breast sandwiches here.
71. CafeteriaTwenty-four hour nosh stops are pretty much an essential in Miami and Lincoln Road's Cafeteria is one of the best all-night eateries around. Grab some good honest Yankee comfort food round the clock for under $10. Chicken wings with blue cheese come stamped with our hands down recommendation.
72. One Night OnlyAny line-up with Green Velvet, Loco Dice and Tiga gets our vote. So we're pretty pleased to see them joined by David Guetta, Fedde Le Grand and Badboy Bill at Nocturnal.
73. Swedish House MafiaAnother of Miami's ultra chic, painfully trendy nightspots, the Ink Boutique is the well-chosen spot of the Swedish House Mafia's Miami heist. Steve Angello, Sebastien Ingrosso, Axwell and Henrik B make up the expectedly solid line up.
Copyright Thrust Publishing Ltd. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.djmag.com as the source.