Top 100 Festivals: important information for participating events
Top 100 Festivals is a brand new festival poll from DJ Mag. Dance festivals of all formats, locations and sizes are able to participate.
The results will be determined from the combination of a DJ Mag reader vote (80%) and a private ballott of leading DJs (20%). The voting for this year’s edition opens in February and runs through until the end of April.
This info page contains the essential information for festivals wishing to participate in the poll.
Please read this pack carefully to ensure that you understand the rules and can run a successful campaign for your event.
We take the integrity of our Top 100 polls very seriously. While asking fans of your festivals to vote is permitted, there are restrictions to the process.
Please read the below very carefully, and, if in doubt, ask.
Any festival or person(s) believed to be attempting to manipulate the vote in any way risks being banned from the process.
- Only one vote per person.
- No incentives may be offered in exchange for votes.
- Incentives are classed as (but are not limited to) free drinks, tickets, competition entry, merchandise and discounts. If in doubt — ask!
- The use of harvested social media data, random street voting teams, bots or any other attempt to manipulate the results of the poll is prohibited.
- To be included in the ranking festivals must have been operational within the last twenty months.
- Festivals with numerous locations will be separated based on their location. For instance Ultra Miami & Ultra Japan are treated as separate entities in the poll.
- iPads or voting terminals are allowed only within the festival grounds during an active event (street or other random locations are not permitted).
- If you wish to use this method of voting, you must register your devices in advance (failure to do so will invalidate your votes).
- Click here to register the IPs of your voting devices.
DJ Mag provides logos and assets for use in campaigning for Top 100 Festivals.
Festivals are permitted to use the Top 100 Festivals logos on their marketing and promotional campaigns during the Top 100 Festivals voting period
- They may only be used by festivals canvassing to enter the Top 100 Festivals poll.
- They must not be used to endorse or promote any events without written agreement from DJ Mag in advance.
These logos must not be associated alongside any imagery or visuals denoting the following:
- Excessive alcohol consumption.
- Illegal substances or drug paraphernalia.
- Sexually explicit content.
- Firearms or weapons.
- Discrimination based on gender, race, ethnicity or sexual orientation.
- Alongside any image that depicts or represents illegal acts or that could cause offence.
- Thrust Publishing reserves the right to remove the rights to use these logos at any point.
Copyright Thrust Publishing Ltd. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.djmag.com as the source.