Call Super will join the long list of esteemed contributors to Fabric's self-titled mix series later this month.
Said to focus on the "late hours" rather than offer "another peak time chapter", as the artist himself puts it, Fabric 92 compiles work from Objekt, Carl Craig, Karen Gwyer, Shanti Celeste, Bruce and more over its 24 tracks.
"The fabric mix series has played an influential role in my learning of my craft. As influential to me as the club itself," explains Call Super via press release.
"The discs recorded by Ellen Allien, Craig Richards, Robert Hood, James Murphy and Pat Mahoney all taught me quite distinct things about track selection and pacing that I think about to this day. The John Peel one became an elegy that I still remember him by as much as his radio shows that I used to listen to.
"Because of this I wanted my mix to do a few things. Primarily I wanted it to be highly personal, a snap of my way of mixing records. Because my own technique has been influenced by other discs in the series, I had to capture the way I sometimes play in a club.
"For the listener, I simply wanted the music to take you out to sea so we could watch the weather together. This isn’t about getting beat upside the head, this is us dreaming in the dawn."
Call Super is a regular on Fabric's Houndstooth imprint, delivering six EPs of experimental electronica and techno, along with his 2014 album 'Suzi Ecto', over his years with the label.
Fabric 92 is out 17th February via Fabric Records.
01. Beatrice Dillon and Rupert Clervaux 'The Same River Twice' [Paralaxe Editions]
02. M:I:5 'Maßtab 1:5/11' [Profan]
03. Jan Jelinek 'Tendency' [Faitiche]
04. Dresvn 'Untitled B1'
05. Objekt 'The Stitch-Up' [White label]
06. Two Full Minds 'No Smoke' [Plank]
07. Photek 'T’Raenon' [Art]
08. Don’t DJ 'Pornoire' [Berceuse Heroique]
09. Flanger 'Spinner' [Nonplace]
10. Carl Craig 'A Wonderful Life (Epic Mix)' [Planet E Communications]
11. Call Super 'Acephale I' [Houndstooth]
12. Call Super 'Acephale II' [Houndstooth]
13. Marco Bernardi 'Demonia' [Frustrated Funk]
14. Jega 'ZX82' [Skam]
15. Shanti Celeste 'Strung Up' [Future Times]
16. Bitstream 'Incubator' [Signal]
17. Bruce 'Sweat' [Hemlock]
18. Convextion 'Niche' [Matrix]
19. Karen Gwyer 'Hippie Fracca' [Opal Tapes]
20. Thomas Ankersmit & Valerio Tricoli 'Plague #7' [Pan]
21. Walter Brown 'Keep On Walkin'' [L&R]
22. Yves Tumor 'The Feeling When You Walk Away' [Pan]
23. Max Loderbauer 'Giant Hug' [Non Standard Productions]
24. Speng Bond 'Cutbacks' [Reality Shock]
Pic: Claire Clichy
Copyright Thrust Publishing Ltd. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.djmag.com as the source.