Gerd Janson is the latest DJ to record an instalment of Fabric’s prestigious monthly mix series, with the 16-track ‘Fabric 89’ that will be released on 19th August.
For it, the Running Back boss has spun tracks and remixes from Boddika & Joy Orbison, The Black Madonna, Traumprinz, John Talabot, Joe Clausell, Caribou, Prins Thomas and Todd Terje, amongst many others.
Speaking about ‘Fabric 89’, Janson said, “Recording mixes is always very painful for me – especially if I know that someone is going to spend money on it. My self-confidence as a DJ is at gutter level, and doing one for Fabric, as part of a series amongst the best of the best, is quite intimidating.”
‘Fabric 89’ will be launched on Saturday 30th July, when Janson goes on deck in Room 1 at the Farringdon venue alongside Radio Slave and Scott Grooves. You can also see the full tracklist for the mix below the album’s artwork underneath.
1. Todd Terje ‘Snooze 4 Love (Luke Abbott Remix)’
2. John Talabot ‘Voices (fabric Edit)’
3. Traumprinz ‘Love Yeah’
4. Shan ‘The City Never Sleeps’
5. Boddika & Joy Orbison ‘Severed Seven’
6. Mateo Murphy ‘Apex’
7. Geeeman ‘Wanna Go Bang (Catz ‘N Dogz Edit)’
8. Q-Burns Abstract Message ‘Mess Of Afros (Glenn Underground Remix)’
9. Inner Sense ‘MoTP’
10. Mike Ash ‘Return To Acid’
11. Nick Höppner ‘Relate (The Black Madonna Remix)’
12. HMC ‘Marauder’
13. Joe Claussell ‘Rhythm’
14. Roger Van Lunteren ‘Hills, I Want You’
15. Scott Grooves ‘Finished’
16. Caribou ‘Sun (Prins Thomas Diskomiks)’
Rob McCallum is DJ Mag’s digital news writer. Follow him on Twitter here.
Copyright Thrust Publishing Ltd. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.djmag.com as the source.