Jesse Rose is a name that needs little introduction, having produced for the likes of Hot Chip, collaborated with Henrik Schwarz and Claude VonStroke, plus running two respected labels: A-SIDED and Play It Down.
The West London-born DJ, who now lives between Barcelona and LA, is mixing the 85th edition of fabric’s highly acclaimed compilation series. The 20-tracker sees his own labels getting showcased as well as his collaboration with VonStroke.
On the mix, Rose said: "I was in the middle of a six month tour of the world when I was asked to do the mix, so I was constantly finding decks in the middle of the night in these far-flung locations, to have a mix and make sure it had the right feel.
"I actually ended up mixing the compilation in New Jersey, Los Angeles and Sydney. Although I mixed it in three parts which I later stitched together, it was mixed live as I wanted it to represent how I would play in the club, to sound personal to what I do and not computerised."
Check out his collaboration with Seven Davis Jr. and the mix's tracklisting below.
01. Jesse Rose feat. Ed Weathers - Love The Feeling High (Acapella)
02. Henrik Schwarz - Leave My Head Alone Brain (Mix 5)
03. Sqim - White Flakes
04. Johnny D - Believer
05. Eric de Man - For Sunking (Melon's Sex Strip Mix) + Lil' Mark - At That Place (Lilmukkappella)
06. Urban Soul - Alright (Gerd Deep Remix)
07. Ian Pooley - Don't You Be Afraid (2015 Edit)
08. Shit Robot feat. Reggie Watts - Where It's At (Johnny Aux Remix)
09. Kask - The Right Way
10. Induceve - Papillion
11. Mathias Kaden - Rawtone (STAYGOLD Remix)
12. Jesse Rose - Touch 'N' Tease (Dub)
13. Sean Miller - Malabar + 3rd Face - Canto Della Liberta (Acapella)
14. Christian Nielsen - Another Day
15. Brillstein - How About No
16. Claude VonStroke & Jesse Rose - Bare Mountain
17. Gene Farris - The Way U Like
18. Kyodai - Sin City
19. Jesse Rose feat. Seven Davis Jr. - It's Not Over (Synthapella)
20. Steve Silk Hurley feat. Sharon Pass - The Word Is Love
The mix will be released by fabric on January 22nd, with a launch party at the club on February 5th.
Copyright Thrust Publishing Ltd. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.djmag.com as the source.