Jesse Rose is a name that needs little introduction, having produced for the likes of Hot Chip, collaborated with Henrik Schwarz and Claude VonStroke, plus running two respected labels: A-SIDED and Play It Down.
The West London-born DJ, who now lives between Barcelona and LA, is mixing the 85th edition of fabric’s highly acclaimed compilation series. The 20-tracker sees his own labels getting showcased as well as his collaboration with VonStroke.
On the mix, Rose said: "I was in the middle of a six month tour of the world when I was asked to do the mix, so I was constantly finding decks in the middle of the night in these far-flung locations, to have a mix and make sure it had the right feel.
"I actually ended up mixing the compilation in New Jersey, Los Angeles and Sydney. Although I mixed it in three parts which I later stitched together, it was mixed live as I wanted it to represent how I would play in the club, to sound personal to what I do and not computerised."
Check out his collaboration with Seven Davis Jr. and the mix's tracklisting below.
01. Jesse Rose feat. Ed Weathers - Love The Feeling High (Acapella)
02. Henrik Schwarz - Leave My Head Alone Brain (Mix 5)
03. Sqim - White Flakes
04. Johnny D - Believer
05. Eric de Man - For Sunking (Melon's Sex Strip Mix) + Lil' Mark - At That Place (Lilmukkappella)
06. Urban Soul - Alright (Gerd Deep Remix)
07. Ian Pooley - Don't You Be Afraid (2015 Edit)
08. Shit Robot feat. Reggie Watts - Where It's At (Johnny Aux Remix)
09. Kask - The Right Way
10. Induceve - Papillion
11. Mathias Kaden - Rawtone (STAYGOLD Remix)
12. Jesse Rose - Touch 'N' Tease (Dub)
13. Sean Miller - Malabar + 3rd Face - Canto Della Liberta (Acapella)
14. Christian Nielsen - Another Day
15. Brillstein - How About No
16. Claude VonStroke & Jesse Rose - Bare Mountain
17. Gene Farris - The Way U Like
18. Kyodai - Sin City
19. Jesse Rose feat. Seven Davis Jr. - It's Not Over (Synthapella)
20. Steve Silk Hurley feat. Sharon Pass - The Word Is Love
The mix will be released by fabric on January 22nd, with a launch party at the club on February 5th.