Skip to main content
News

Snoop Dogg responds to lawsuit reporting sexual assault and battery

A spokesperson for the rapper has said the reports are "simply meritless"

Snoop Dogg responds to lawsuit reporting sexual assault and battery

Content warning: This article contains information relating to sexual assault.

Snoop Dogg has issued a response to the alleged sexual assault and battery lawsuit filed against him last week, Page Six reports

In the lawsuit, which was filed at Los Angeles federal court on 9th February, a woman identified as “Jane Doe” reported that the rapper and his associate Bishop Don “Magic” Juan sexually assaulted her after she attended one of his concerts at Club Heat Ultra Lounge in Anaheim, California on 29th May 2013. 

In the lawsuit, the woman reported that Bishop Don “Magic” Juan — real name Donald Campbell — took her to his home against her wishes after the concert, having initially offered to drive her to her own home. The lawsuit says that the woman was assaulted at Campbell’s residence, when he reportedly “removed his penis from his pants” and “repeatedly shoved his penis into [her] mouth.”

The lawsuit goes on to state that Campbell later took the woman to Snoop Dogg’s Studio, where the rapper was reportedly filming his TV series, Snoop Dogg’s Double G News Network. According to the lawsuit, the woman felt unwell upon arrival at the studio and was in the bathroom when Snoop Dogg reportedly entered the room and forced her into giving him oral sex. The rapper reportedly “proceeded to masturbate and ejaculated on [Jane Doe’s] upper chest and lower neck”, and left the woman “humiliated, terrified and panicked”.

A statement shared with Page Six by an official spokesperson for Snoop Dogg — real name Calvin Cordozar Broadus Jr. — has now described the reports of sexual assault as “simply meritless”. The statement goes on to to emphasise that the rapper “has never has had any sexual encounter whatsoever with [the plaintiff].”

The statement reads: “[The allegations] appear to be part of a self-enrichment shakedown scheme by [Jane Doe] to extort Snoop Dogg right before he performs during this Sunday’s Super Bowl halftime show.  

“[Her] scheme involves concocting a legal complaint as an anonymous ‘Jane Doe’ plaintiff, and, knowing full well it can be a public document, filing this complaint late Wednesday, only three days before the Super Bowl.

“In the complaint, [she] manufactures an occurrence of more than 8 years ago, in 2013, for her false allegations.”

The statement continues: “[Her] shakedown scheme is disgraceful. Her attempt to use the courts to advance this scheme is shameful too, and does a disservice to real victims who deserve to be believed.”

The report comes just days after it was announced that Snoop Dogg had acquired Death Row Records. He released his new album, ‘B.O.D.R. (Bacc on Death Row)’, on Friday (11th February), and performed at the Super Bowl half-time show on Sunday (13th February). 

If you have been affected by any of the issues discussed in this article, the following organisations may be able to provide help and advice:

In the UK 

The Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Centre

Helpline: 0845 1221 331 (Seven days a week)

Website: www.rapecrisis.org.uk
 

In North America

RAINN

The National Sexual Assault Hotline (24 hours, seven days a week):800.656.HOPE (4673), online.rainn.org, rainn.org/es

Website: https://www.rainn.org/