Working with the likes of Skream, Burial, Roots Manuva, David Rodigan and Newham Generals on his last 'Foundation' album for Digital Soundboy, Breakage's handle on the roots of UK bass music has enabled him to cross sounds and scenes, turning his keen ear to various strands over his career.
Now combining his underground credentials with a more mainstream friendly twist, the man also known as James Boyle has recently remixed the likes of Florence & The Machine, Massive Attack, Underworld and Plan B, all of which has laid the groundwork for his latest 'The Promise' EP which mixes up brooding technoid funk, posh trance and classic rave tropes. Grab it free here now.
He dropped us this exclusive mix, which includes his own tracks and remixes next to fellow UK talents including Duke Dumont, Dismantle and George Fitzgerald.
- Loadstar - Black & White (Breakage's Red All Over Mix)
- Dismantle – Dots
- Skream - Rollin Kicks
- Kutz - Shape Shifter
- Breakage Ass Up! (Feat Dismantle)
- Duke Dumont - The Giver
- Bare Skin – Eyes
- Breakage - The Promise
- George FitzGerald - Needs You
- Benga - Icon (Breakage Loves A Trance Synth Mix)
- Kutz - Born Free
- Breakage – Telepathy
- Starkey & Mikix The Cat – Crawl
- Stinkahbell - Film Noir (VIP)
- Clare Maguire - Ain't Nobody (Breakage's Suck It Up Mix)
- Breakage Express