French soft-synth guru's Arturia are busy developing their most ambitious product to date.
The Origin is due to arrive in autumn, is a knob laden hardware synth, running a special modular environment which allows users to design synths using modules from their Arp, Moog, Prophet VS and CS80 emulations.
• More than 500 presets created by talented musicians and synthesizer specialists.
• Up to 32 voices of polyphony for a typical patch.
• Create your own patch or use an existing audio structures: an Origin patch made by connecting independent modules, or the minimoog V, the ARP 2600, the CS-80, the Moog Modular.
• Superb audio quality with TAE® engine. 24 bits/96 kHz supported.
• Compatibility with most of the presets from the Arturia Classic virtual Analog synthesizers.
• Origin lets you open dedicated software on your Mac and PC and use it as an AU or VST plug-in. All the sounds are calculated on the machine while you work on your computer as you would do with a native application.
• Analog: 2 audio ins, 10 audio outs. Digital: SPDIF out, USB 2.0.
• Large selection of effects: Phaser, Chorus, Delay, FX Reverbs, Distortion, Param Eq, Compressor, Bitcrusher.
• 16/32 step sequencer.
• Innovative Macro, Advanced LFO, modulation modes, Advanced Joystick modes.
• MIDI : In, Out, Thru or USB 2.