SubBass Academy of Electronic Music invites you to a FREE Vocal Production Open Day at their Central London studios on 7th March, 2015. The event will run 12pm - 2pm and is completely free for anyone who wants to attend.
Hosted by SubBass tutors and industry professionals Lizzie Curious and Fabio Lendrum, the Open Day will showcase working with vocals within dance music, covering recording, comping, mixing, sampling and FX. Using vocals in your dance tracks creates a human connection that makes your track unique and easily recognisable and can help your music reach an anthem status.
This Open Day marks the launch of a new Vocal Production weekend course at SubBass, commencing 25th April. The bespoke weekend course takes you through all the vital elements of Vocal Production, using a highly interactive and hands-on method.
Overview of session:
- Welcome & Introduction
- Microphone Techniques - do's & dont's of a studio set-up for vocal recording
- Brief overview of condenser and dynamic microphones
- The importance of working with vocalists in the studio
- Recording different styles of vocal
- Working with a vocalist remotely - the pro's & con's
- Vocal comping, arranging, editing
Tickets to the Open Day are FREE but you must register HERE to reserve a place. Spaces are limited.