Kamaal Williams has been tapped to mix the next instalment in the DJ-Kicks compilation series.
The DJ and musician, known for his work as Henry Wu and with Yussef Dayes as Yussef Kamaal, has picked out music by the likes of Lone, Steven Julien, Peven Everett, Max Graef and Seiji for his 29-track effort. The mix also features tracks from himself as Henry Wu and Kamaal Williams, four of which are exclusives for the mix.
The mix, a press release says, is "not traditionally mixed or predictably sequenced". Speaking about the mix, Williams says that the main aim "was to give praise and pay my dues to the forefathers, the originators [of] London's underground scene. From the likes of Dego, Seiji and Steve Spacek, through to contemporaries like K15, Tenderlonious or myself, it's about connecting the lineage and giving respect to the creators — those undervalued heroes of this British dance landscape who deserve more recognition today."
You can listen to a new Henry Wu track, called 'Wivout U', which features on the mix below and check the tracklist. !K7 will release the mix on November 8th.
01. Budgie - Sometimes
02. Kamaal Williams - Snitches Brew (Live In Atlanta)
03. Karriem Riggins - Summer Madness S.A.
04. Lord Tusk - Space Invader (Vocal Mix)
05. Seiji - Buggin' Out
06. Steve Spacek - Hey There
07. Max Graef - Speed Metal Jesus
08. Kaidi Tatham - Two Tens Madam
09. Freeez - Southern Freeez
10. Peven Everett - Stuck (Original)
11. Hard House Banton - Sirens
12. Diggs Duke - 'Cause I Love You
13. DJ Harrison - MovingUp
14. Ratgrave - Ein Kola Bitte!
15. Wbeeza - He's So Crazy
16. Awanto 3 - Pregnant
17. Henry Wu - 117 Careplan
18. Lone - Airglow Fires
19. Henry Wu & Earl Jeffers - Projections
20. City People - It's All In The Groove
21. Phil Asher - Peace And Love
22. Tenderlonious - Song For My Father
23. Yussef Kamaal - Lowrider
24. Steven Julien - XL (Original Mix)
25. Kamaal Williams - Shinjuku (DJ-Kicks)
26. Henry Wu - Wivout U
27. Dego - Nuts
28. K15 - Time Humbles Us All
29. Kamaal Williams - Strings (ATL)
Copyright Thrust Publishing Ltd. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.djmag.com as the source.